bohemian wedding apparels in vintage style
4 cup Egg Substitute, Egg Beaters
2 cup Raw Peppers, Green ...
2 cup Raw Squash, Summer, Zucchini
2 cup Raw Tomatoes
1 tsp Butter, Unsalted
1 cup Cheese, Mexican blend, reduced fat
7 oz Turkey, ground, 98% lean
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Additional Notes: Makes 2 frittatas. If you would like to make 1 large frittata, the bake time in the oven may differ slightly. Feel free to use any combination of veggies you like.
1. Brown ground turkey and measure out 7 oz. Crumble and divide in half.
2. Finely dice the tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini and divide each in half.
3. In a stand mixer, whip the egg beaters to make them fluffy (optional - this will make for a thicker frittata). Divide in half (or do each 2-cup carton separately).
1. Heat the skillet over low heat, and lightly butter.
2. Add half of each ingredient other than the cheese (egg beaters, turkey, veggies, spices) to the skillet and mix with a spatula to distribute evenly in the skillet.
3. Cook until only the top of the frittata is still jiggly (about 10-15 minutes).
4. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top of the frittata and place the skillet into the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Cut the frittata into quarters and remove from the skillet.
Repeat process for second batch.
Makes 4 servings (yes, 1 serving is half a skillet's worth of the frittata!).
Each serving is: 1 lean, 3 greens, 0.25 healthy fats, and ~2 condiments.
Your Personal Health Coach,
After helping many people as their Health Coach, I have found that the number one way to maintain good portion control is to NEVER skip a meal. When we miss on a meal our decision making ability and discipline is often lost because we are too hungry to think in a sensible manner. Even having a small piece of fruit or a few vegetables with hummus or a lean piece of meat will curb our appetite and keep us in control. bohemian wedding apparels in vintage styleSee More